- Contact Us
- Commercial Locksmith Services
- Access Control Systems In London
- Full Surface Hinge Install or Service
- Commercial Glass Replacement London
- Geared Continuous Hinges Service in London
- Fob Access Systems for Businesses
- Electric Strike Locks London
- Commercial Locks London Area
- Commercial Window Repair London
- Multipoint Locks in London
- Commercial Mortise Locks in London
- Office Lockout London
- EMERGENCY LOCKOUT SERVICES
- Commercial Door Repair
- Push Bar Locks For Commercial Doors
- Adams Rite Deadlatch
- SECURITY GATES INSTALLATION REPAIR
- Adams Rite Deadbolts London
- Commercial Door Closers
- House Locksmith Services
- Bedroom Lockout London
- Apartment Door Repair
- Lock Change
- Lock Rekey
- Lock Repair
- House Lockout
- Burglary Damage Repair
- Automotive Locksmith London
- Car Key Replacement London
- Citroen Car Key Replacement
- Dodge Car Key Replacement
- Fiat Car Key Replacement
- Ford Car Key Replacement Near Me
- Honda Key Replacement Near Me
- Hyundai Key
- Kia Key
- Lexus Key
- Mazda Car Key Replacement
- Mercedes Car Key Replacement
- MG Car Key Replacement
- Nissan Car Key Replacement
- Peugeot Car Key Replacement
- Seat Car Key Replacement
- Renault Car Key Replacement
- Skoda Car Key Replacement
- Smart Car Key Replacement
- Subaru Key
- Suzuki Car Key Replacement
- Toyota Key
- Vauxhall Key
- Volkswagen VW Key
- Volvo Car Key Replacement
- Alfa Romeo Car key Replacement
- Audi Car Key Replacement
- Chevrolet Car Key Replacement
- Mitsubishi Car key Replacement
- Dacia Car Key Replacement
- Car Fob Replacement
- Car Key Duplication London
- Car Barrel Locksmith London
- LOST CAR KEYS
- Car Lockout Services Near Me
- LOCKED KEYS IN CAR
- Car Key Cut & Program London
- Car Key Replacement London
- 24 HOUR EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH IN LONDON
- Commercial Locksmith Services
- Service Area
- 7 London Locksmith Security Tips for the New Year
- Auto Pro Locksmith FAQ
- How To Choose A Good Locksmith
- Locksmith Prices London
- Locksmiths Reveal Top Tips Protect Home
- London Locksmiths FAQ
- Looking for a locksmith near me?
- Tips And Tricks How To Choose A Professional Auto Specialist
- what should i ask before calling a locksmith
- How To Open House Door Lock in London
- Lockout In London
- home lockout London
- Car Unlock Service
- House Unlock
- New Door Locks
- Key Copier Near Me
- Car Key Cut Near Me
The Ultimate Secrets About House Locksmith In London
1) A properly installed deadbolt is the best lock.
A decent dead bolt has a one-inch throw and a security plate on the strike side (throws that are at least three inches long and stretch all the way through the door’s wood frame).
PS: Even locksmiths agree that general contractors don’t know how to mount deadbolts, which is why so many homes have deadbolts that aren’t working Many homes are equipped with deadbolts that aren’t properly designed because general contractors don’t know how to mount them.
2) Locked Safes Aren’t Quite As Thrilling As You Would Think
Locked safes are a realm of thrilling possibilities for many people. Many people spend hundreds of dollars on a locked safe at a pawn shop, hoping to discover exciting treasures inside. In fact, most locked safes are full of mouse feces. Of course, once you open it, you’ll never know for sure.
3) “Do Not Duplicate” is a phrase that means “do not duplicate.” Keys are often duplicated.
You may have seen a key with the words “Do Not Duplicate” written on it. “This key has never been duplicated,” you may say. However, these keys are often duplicated in practice. Fortunately, no matter how much you bribe the locksmith, he or she will be able to mount high-security locks and keys that cannot be duplicated at a nearby hardware store.
4) It’s Difficult to Check ID for Personal Property.
One of the most difficult aspects of becoming a locksmith is ensuring that the individual obtaining access is actually the owner of the house. Many London locksmiths may ask for identification in order to do so. But where do you think the ID is when you open a car or a house?
5) Low-cost locks from hardware stores and Walmart
are easy to select.
The majority of low-cost locks are ridiculously easy to hack into. Look for at least a grade 2 lock if you’re looking for a nice, inexpensive lock. Anything less than that puts your property at too great a risk.
6) More Dead Bodies Are Seen By Locksmiths Than You Would Think
“Locksmith” is certainly not one of your first guesses when asked to name an occupation that sees a lot of dead bodies. Who, on the other hand, do you think opens a locked door when someone dies in their own home or room? When you get a call from a landlord who hasn’t seen their tenant in two weeks, it’s never a positive sign.
7) No matter how stupid your error was, someone else has made a worse mistake.
Finding out what unique and creative ways someone locked themselves out of their property is one of the most enjoyable aspects of becoming a locksmith. There’s always someone who did something far dumber to lock themselves out, no matter how stupid you think you are.
8) The majority of locksmiths are capable of duplicating vehicle keys.
Modern automobile keys, such as fob keys, are often duplicated at a high cost by car dealers. In fact, most good locksmiths can easily produce keys that are virtually identical to those made by your car dealer – all for a fraction of the cost.
9) Use WD-40 or another spray.
Your key may not be broken; instead, the pins may be jammed, causing it to become momentarily stuck. This problem can be solved with WD-40 or a similar silicone spray instead of an expensive locksmith service call.
10) Don’t Hesitate to Knock on the Door
It happens all the time: someone pays a hefty locksmith fee just to get their car, window, or other access point opened. Always remember to exhaust all other choices before calling a locksmith. If the locksmith arrives and the door is wide open, they will laugh at you.
Bonus! We Got For You More Of The Most Top Secrets
To discourage break-ins, use a double-cylinder lock.
A thumb-turn deadbolt won’t work if your door has a window on or above it. Burglars could easily smash the window, put their hand through, and switch. Get a lock with two cylinders and a key on the inside. Here are few more things a thief will never tell you.
Always have your locks re-keyed when you buy a new home.
Otherwise, your home is likely to have a master key that can quickly unlock it. Don’t forget about these other things that any homeowner should be aware of.
Keys with the phrase “Do not duplicate” are often duplicated.
Inquire with a residential locksmith about high-security locks that can’t be duplicated at a hardware store. Find out more details on what home security installers wish you knew.
Divorce lock-outs are challenging.
I’ll get the soon-to-be-ex-wife in and change the locks after she calls and says she’s locked out. The husband then calls and makes the same appeal. I refer him to a competing residential locksmith. Before you hire a handyman, here’s what you should know.
Please contact only one of us if you are locked out.
I’ve arrived at a lock-out to find two rivals’ trucks already there on many occasions. We all decided to leave and abandon the uncaring victim at that stage. You do not even need to call if you lock yourself out of your car. Simply use this method to unlock your car without using your keys.
Be vigilant if you call at 2 a.m.
When a customer calls because he’s locked out of his car at a strip joint, a service call that would usually cost $59 becomes $120. If he has enough money for strip joints, he has enough money for me. Here are some of the devious ways con artists attempt to gain your trust.
Don’t believe a car dealer who claims that only he has the ability to duplicate keys.
A locksmith who specializes in automotive work will typically make you a key for less money. You may be falling for these car-waste schemes as well.